Testing and Assessment
About GEC Testing and AssessmentGenesee Early College (GEC) students are required to take several assessments. These assessments vary by grade and are used to assess current skill level and academic progress. Assessments administered at Genesee Early College are:
- PSAT - This optional assessment is administered in the fall to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship competition. It is also known as the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT). To qualify for the National Merit Scholarship competition, the student must take the test (for the first time) in their grade 11 year. A fee of $13 is required for testing.
- MME - The Michigan Merit Exam is administered to all grade 11 students in the spring (March). The MME consists of the ACT, WorkKeys®, and Michigan Content Expectations (content expectations are listed below). Costs are covered by GEC.
Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
- Common Core Standards - ELA, History/Social Studies
- Common Core Standards - Math
- Next Generation Science Standards