The Career Technical Education (CTE) department offers leadership and services
in all areas of career development to all school districts in the Genesee Intermediate School District (GISD) service area. The department is the liaison between:
- Constituent school districts
- Genesee Career Institute (GCI)
- Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth, Office of Career and Technical Preparation
Currently, 100 CTE programs are in operation across Genesee County, serving over 12,000 students in grades 9-12.
The CTE department is also the fiscal agent for the Career Initiative Plan for Genesee and Shiawassee Counties. This includes:
- Perkins and Tech Prep funding to improve Career Technical Education programs
- Career Planning Model and web-based Educational Development Plan (EDP) programs conducted by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Career and Technical Education.